Monday 18 July 2011

Going back to where it all began.

Reading through a magazine on Friday I was met by a full page advert showing two of my favourite things.

 Running and Pasties.

The Eden Project in Cornwall is celebrating it's 10th Birthday and it's 3rd marathon. I've said I fancied a challenge and I think this is it.

I have twelve weeks to do two things...

1) increase my distance (current maximum is 13+ miles, need to run 26.2!!!

2) lose a bit more weight to make sure I have the strength, stamina and energy to complete it.

The run is trail based, mixed terrain and based on old mining land, it looks beautiful and will be my first marathon, which I'm told is a pretty big thing.

www.edenproject.com/Eden-Project-Marathon-2011.php

So training started this weekend clocking up just over 16 miles over two runs, the longer run was on the Sunday and came in at 10.6 miles.

http://www.adidas.com/com/micoach/WorkoutDetails.aspx?WID=485aeeee-fd29-4e1b-bd36-123ad951b07b

My weight has plateaud at just under 12 stone. Thats over two stone lost in six months, I reckon 11st8lb should be a good marathon weight and keep pressure off my joints.

Planning and training has commenced, on October 9th I go to Eden, where it all began.

No comments:

Post a Comment