Sunday 10 July 2011

One more goal....

Over the last two weeks I've not run as much as I'd like.

Why?

1) My new minimalist running shoes crippled me and left me with no calf movement for a week,
2) I worked overtime on nights doing a 60 hour week and feeling pretty crap, and
3) I spent last weekend blasting round Yorksire on my Motorbike with friends (although I did manage a cheeky 8k in the moring before everyone lese got up).

Have I been resting and enjoying the break from running?

Have I hell!!!

I've realised that having met two of my three goals for this year I needed to really test myself. When I set the three goals of losing weight, beating my 10k PB and raising money for charity, I kind of figured that the third would be the easiest. And it pobably would be but for the fact that I seem to think differently now.
Rather than accept and achieve the norm I find myself constatntly testing and pushing myself. Having realised that I can accomplish anything I really want to, when I decided to do a run for charity, I figured I had to come up with something unique....

I have planned a run which will smash any goals I've set before and I'm well excited for it.

I'm looking to finalise details this week as i want to get some support first but watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment