Thursday 1 September 2011

New toy.

Started my new training plan today ready for the 5mile trail run in just 3 weeks. I've planned a mix of tempo runs, hillsprints, slow runs and fartlek.
And to celebrate and motivate myself I bought a new Garmin forerunner watch.
I took it out tonight for its test run and was well impressed. Incredibly accurate and clear to see performance stats. The best part is the amount of data that you can upload afterwards. Easy to read and some interesting feedback. Seeing your performance over 1 mile splits really encourages you to keep a pace. In this case I was looking to go slow and averaged 8:10 min/miles.

Wore the merrells again and felt light on my feet the whole way. After 2 years of trying out kit combinations I may have found the right mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment