Sunday 11 September 2011

Two weeks to go

With a late entry into the Ashridge 5 mile trailrun a few things have changed in three last couple of weeks.
I've set up my own training plan which was ambitious but I've been sticking to it and working hard. As a result I've got back into my running stride in a big way.
I'm running five times a week. I'm passionate about improving my times and feeling positive about upcoming and future challenges.
But I think the biggest change has been in my mind. I've realised that of all of the ambitions I have about running the only thing holding me back is me.
I've got talking to some truly inspirational people recently. Some inspire because they have overcome adversity, some because they are capable of amazing things. Some inspire because they are at the start of their own challenges and they have all the passion and motivation that matures into stamina.
Inspiration comes in many forms and when you find it you should keep hold with both hands. Because when the distances start to increase and the hills get steeper, you need something special to keep you going.

1 comment:

  1. looking back to when you started your blog & the things you've achieved - don't underestimate your own ability. Take inspiration from what you've done so far to know you can do anything you set your mind to. ultra marathon is well within your ability as a longer term aim; top 10 at Ashridge as short term.

    ReplyDelete