Friday 11 November 2011

For fog's sake.

<p>The autumn weather has arrived with a vengeance this week. Fog, high winds and unpredictable showers have made for some interesting trails. With visibility down to 20 metres today, I settled for a brisk run through the hills and woods. Obviously loved it, settling for 8 miles.
Next run will be my long one and I'm aiming for 15 miles this time. I'm so glad that the knee pain that I have suffered from in the past has gone. While I'm daunted by the size of the challenges I have coming, I know I have time to train and the support of family and friends.

Running has made a lot of difference to my life. It's helped with mental health and weight issues that have plagued me for years. 
But recently its also given me the ability and time to start thinking about what I want out of life, more specifically my work life.

I always figured I was on the promotion road and would work hard at that. But I'm starting to appreciate the pleasures of doing a job you really want to do. Like running, you don't mind the hard work when its a passion.

A few more long runs and I think I'll have come up with a plan.




1 comment:

  1. Great work, and I ca definitely relate To running having the ability to put other parts of life into perspective. The answer's are on the trails!

    ReplyDelete