Wednesday 21 September 2011

There is no fate but what we make....

This week, while the countdown to a couple of events continues to tick along, I started think about all the things running has done for me over the last two years.
I've been introduced to a whole new world of sport which is always thought was inaccessible for people like me.
A sport which singlehandedly presses my nerd, adrenaline and weight loss buttons.
Through this blog and Twitter I've met and spoken to likeminded people who all run for their own reasons, but are joined by the fact that they all run.
I've learned the importance of surrounding myself with positive people, who support and empower my desire to run further and faster.
But most of all I've realised that for the first time in ages I have the self-confidence to know that I'm good at something and continuing to get better.

I've set new goals and have some great events planned this year, but most exciting is looking to the future with a sense of excitement in knowing that I have lots more miles to run.

So I've drawn up a bucketlist. I know some of these are easier to achieve than others, but I intend to complete them all.

*complete a marathon
*complete a marathon in sub 4 hours
*compete in an event abroad
*run in central London
*run an ultramarathon

This year I aim to tick off one of these by completing a marathon, but recognise that I have a lot of training to do before I get there. I'm still massively impressed by anyone who has the determination to go the distance and hope that I will too.

Training for the upcoming events continued this week with trails, stamina and hill sessions. Distance is back up to 9 miles and I've plenty more in me. The plan is to.increase in line with the upcoming events.
10k in October
Halfmarathon in November and
Marathon in December.

Who knows what January will bring.....



No comments:

Post a Comment